For additional help please contact our office at (323) 993-3174.
- What is a FAQ?
- A FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) is a list of the commonly asked questions you may have and the answers to them. We hope that this will help you get most of your questions answered right away and improve your experience using the Local 47 Referral Service online.
- Is there any cost related to the use of Local 47ís Referral Service?
- There is never any cost to use our Referral Service.
- How far in advance of the actual date should a group or solo performer be contracted?
- It is always a good idea to book musicians as far in advance as possible. Many musicians are booked as much as a year in advance of the actual performance dates.
- What if I canít get my first choice of musicians?
- Local 47 has about 9,000 members, so if your first choice is not available you have plenty of other fantastic musicians to choose from!
- How much will the group or solo artist cost?
- The costs will vary. The exact amount will depend on the number of performers, the length of the performance, the occasion and the popularity of the musician(s). Please contact the individual musician or group for pricing.
- Can I hear a soloist or group before signing a contract?
- Yes. Many of the online profiles of Local 47 Referral Service members include sound samples to help you decide. Many of our members also maintain their own personal websites and most musicians will also make CDs/Mp3s available by request. The soloist or leader of the group may also tell you when and where you can hear a live performance of their music.
- How can I be sure the musician(s) wonít back out at the last minute?
- All you have to do is sign an official AFM contract, which will be furnished to you by the soloist, group leader, or their representative prior to the engagement. Both the employer and the musician must sign the contract to make it binding. An AFM contract is your guarantee that you will get the music you want at the date and time you want it. Once signed, the AFM musician is obligated to honor the contract.
- What's so special about an AFM contract?
- A signed AFM contract is "peace of mind insuranceĒ for both the purchaser and the musician. You know you're getting the highest quality live entertainment available and that the AFM contract is your guaranty of satisfaction. Even if a non-union musician or DJ offers a contract, there is no organization or trade association monitoring their activities.
- What if I sign a contract and then find that I have to cancel my party or event?
- A cancellation clause may be added to any AFM contract. This clause allows you to cancel the engagement with sufficient advance notice (agreed upon by both you and the musicians).
- How do I get to be a Featured Artist?
- We feature a random sampling of our individual artists on our main page each day. The list is randomly resorted overnight to display different artists each day. We select the featured artists from those who have at least one photo and music clip. If your profile has a photo and a music clip you too should show up on the featured artists list at some point.
© 2013 Professional Musicians, Local 47